Author's details

Date registered: May 24, 2012

Latest posts

  1. First Commercial Success — October 4, 2013
  2. Back To Work — September 29, 2013
  3. NES FPGA: Some Tricks Required — July 19, 2013
  4. Arduino Garage Door Opener – Prototype — July 5, 2013
  5. NES FPGA: First Run — May 10, 2013

Most commented posts

  1. dllhost.exe High Processor Usage Fix — 3 comments
  2. FPGA NES: VGA (Part 3) — 1 comment

Author's posts listings

Oct 04

First Commercial Success


After ordering the wrong buffer chip for my Logic Cube I started poking around and managed to get a commercial rom to run.  It seems my issues are a result of timing problems with my new memory mapping module.  The attempt shown below locked up at the title screen but I have since managed to …

Continue reading »

Sep 29

Back To Work


It’s been a little while since I’ve posted any progress on any of my projects.  I’ve been recently employed as a full time design engineer and have finally transitioned back into a schedule that allows me to work on some of my own interests again.  I’ve started up working on my NES emulator and had …

Continue reading »

Jul 19

NES FPGA: Some Tricks Required

I’ve run into a bit of a road block with my NES Emulation.  I’ve been trying to keep as much of the project as possible in standard VHDL without relying on pre-built libraries or modules.  In order to make testing, as well as end-result use, easier I’d like to be able to load files off …

Continue reading »

Jul 05

Arduino Garage Door Opener – Prototype


I’m done with school now, degree and all, and still have a couple of weeks before I’m officially on the job.  In the meantime I’ve been fooling around with some home automation hardware, specifically the veralite from micasaverde.  While I haven’t spent too much time with the veralite yet my first impression is that it …

Continue reading »

May 10

NES FPGA: First Run

I’ve managed to get the nestest rom to run on my emulator.  I’m still nowhere near complete but this is a good first step.  Video is working, at least without sprites.  Control input works, although there’s a bug floating around in there somewhere   I’m currently working on getting the APU ( Audio Processing Unit) up and …

Continue reading »

Older posts «